Thursday, September 12, 2013

Thunderstorms

Well, last night was scary, close, noisy for the lightning and thunder. The power went off for a few hours. I'm not really sure how long since I had gone to sleep early and woke to a very dark room and house. Flashlight and cell phone soon solved most of my problems, except for a cup of coffee. The water pressure was down too low to force up any water from the well. I had some left over coffee - a few sips. I put this in a small pot and heated it on the barbeque. Soon I was settled and had made my plans and went back to sleep. Shortly the lights went back on and there was water running in the bathroom. I made a fresh pot of coffee, grabbed a handful of sour cream and onion potato chips and thanked goodness for the speed and efficiency of our happy little community, Frito Lay,  and the Vermont Electric Cooperative. What a great world we live in!

No comments:

Post a Comment