Monday, January 12, 2015

Another "Rather Cold This Evening" blog

Here we go again! NOAA has it going down to minus twelve degrees overnight! OK - not really unusual for this time of year. A soft snow has been accumulating all day. It's pretty and it seems to insulate the garage some. I keep the dog in the garage at night and there are some things I don't want to freeze in there, so I heat it up with a propane heater before I come in for the night. It was up to about forty six degrees when I came in tonight. That should hold till morning. I spent a lot of time insulating the garage, but this year I've been lax on checking for heat leaks. Minus twelve is no joke. The wind chill advisories are posted for our area up here as well as northern New York. It seems the jet stream is still looped down and pushing the warm air stream from the south over to the east before it gets up here. It's usually till March when that reverses.
I like the cool nights and the quiet the snow brings for sleeping. There are certain advantages to living further north. You need to properly dress and prepare for it. The same thing is true about very hot climates. Cool drinks in the shade can be a real pleasure. I love the beach and the ocean when it's warm, but there's such a thing as "too hot". In Israel, we'd stay inside between noon and two o'clock in the summer. The evenings were great!
Well, "stay warm" and "pleasant dreams".

No comments:

Post a Comment